William Franklin, CMC
Chef Franklin began his career as a butcher assistant before serving his country as a Navy Cook during the Vietnam War Era. Afterwards, his career jump started under the guidance of Swiss Master Chef Gordy Dambach at the Sheraton in Honolulu HI while completing a degree program at the University of Hawaii.
Leaving the Sheraton as a Sous Chef, with a full Scholarship, he worked his way through the CIA in 14 months. Today, Chef Franklin’s culinary repertoire is reflective of his world travels. William has been successful as a private Club Manager, educator and owner-operator of several restaurants. He has hosted U.S. Presidents and various world leaders, as well as many of the entertainment world’s most noted personalities.
William has been an active and engaged ACF Member since 1985, a culinary judge since 1988 and ACE evaluators from its inception. He has served on the ACF National Board of Directors as the Western Region’s VP, as well as many local and national committees. His Scotch-Irish heritage is from the Appalachian Mountains of East Tennessee and North Carolina.
Currently, as a Nestlé Corporate Executive Chef, Franklin serves as the critical Culinary piece of a large cross-functional team dedicated to providing customer centric operational business solutions. He is a proven innovative problem solver with great operational wisdom and creative leadership skills that are dedicated to getting things done.
Career Time Line:
- Butcher Assistant, Leavenworth Washington 1968-69
- Cook Lead, Al Hurt’s, Gatlinburg TN 1969-70
- Cook, United States Navy 1970-1974
- Chef de Cuisine, Sheraton Waikiki HI. 1974-76
- Executive Chef, Naval Club Training Command, Patuxent River Md. 1977-78
- Executive Chef/Director, Air Force Club Management Command, Scott AF Base IL.1978-79
- Dean of Faculty, National Cooking Institute, Denver, CO. 1979-80
- Food & Beverage Director, Sheraton Hotel, Gatlinburg. TN. 1980-81
- Owner Operator, Chef William’s Colonial House. Sevierville, TN. 1980-82
- Owner Operator, Chef William’s, Grand Junction, CO. 1982-84
- Director of US Air Force Club Culinary Operations and Training, San Antonio, TX. 1984-89
- General Manager, Wright-Patterson Air Force Clubs, Dayton, OH. 1989-91
- Executive Chef/Food & Beverage Director, Denver Athletic Club, Denver CO. 1991-94
- Corporate Executive Chef, Nestle USA, Denver CO. 1994-Current.
- University of Hawaii, Restaurant Management 1976
- LaSalle Extension University, Club Management, 1977
- Culinary Institute of America, Occupational Studies 1977
- ACFEI Certified Master Chef 1988.
Executive Director Franklin Family Trust: